The late captain, Don Van Vliet, was one of music's true originals, melding blues, jazz and the avant garde into a genre of his own.
What does DVV stand for?
DVV stands for Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of DVV
We have 13 other meanings of DVV in our Acronym Attic
- Driver-Vehicle Unit
- Delaware Valley Underwriting Agency
- Deutsche Verbindungsstelle Unfallversicherung Ausland (German: German Joint Accident Insurance Abroad)
- Digital Video User Group
- Domestic Violence Unit Pilot Program (Maryland)
- Deer Valley Unified School District (Phoenix, AZ)
- Dahveed's Voice and Vision (website)
- Deutsche Vereinigung zur Bekämpfung der Viruskrankheiten eV (German: Association for the Control of Virus Diseases)
- Deutscher Volkshochschul Verband (German: German Adult Education Association; Bonn, Germany)
- Deutscher Volleyballverband (German Volleyball Federation)
- Downward Vertical Velocity
- Delaware Valley Virtual Assistant Association (Pennsylvania)
- Domestic Violence Victim Assistance Program (Concord, MA)
- Dual Vision and Viewing Device
- Dalälvens Vattenvårdsförening (Swedish: Dalalvens Water Association; water monitoring)
- Domestic Violence Victim Fund (Virginia)
- Deutscher Vertriebsleiter Verkaufsleiter Kongress (German)
- Data, Voice, and Video Networking (Texas; Lamar University department)
- Double Variable Valve Timing (automotive engineering)
- Dynamic Variable Valve Timing (Daihatsu)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Celebrating the music of the late Don Van Vliet - Captain Beefheart to you and me - who died in 2010, original members Denny "Feelers Rebo" Walley, Mark "Rockette Morton" Boston, and John "Drumbo" French share the stage with guitarist Eric Klerks and drummer Craig Bunch to re-visit the classic Beefheart tunes with renewed fervour.
Penck, Bernard Requichot, Niele Toroni and Don Van Vliet.
Don Van Vliet, an avant-garde rocker who performed under the name "Captain Beefheart" and whose artistic influence dwarfed his popular appeal, has died at the age of 69.
Real name Don Van Vliet, Beefheart is cited as a huge influence by stars from Oasis to the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nick Cave.
Don Van Vliet, an avant-garde rocker who performed under the name "Captain Beefheart died early Friday in northern California following a long battle with multiple sclerosis, according to.
Band member Peter Lovio remembers riding with Zappa in the 1949 Oldsmobile of Don Van Vliet -- later rock band leader Captain Beefheart -- when Van Vliet was pulled over on Sierra Highway and given a ticket for driving too slowly.
So here's how to bluff your way through a conversation with the biggest music anoraks in the world Acetate: An old-fashioned way of recording a single or album on to a disposable disc for record executives or press previews - a real collector's item and forerunner of the demo tape Captain Beefheart: Stage name of US born psychedelic rocker Don Van Vliet, who created bizarre records such as 1969's Trout Mask Replica and is considered a rock snob god.