He argues that submission of the sufferer of Jinn possession to the marabout ("saint") constructs an ideological discourse (in the Foucauldian sense) that reproduces social relationships of dominance and submission and encourages subaltern groups to continue to look to the miraculous for the amelioration of their social conditions.
What does D/S stand for?
D/S stands for Dominance and Submission
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of D/S
We have 140 other meanings of D/S in our Acronym Attic
- Donor/Recipient (organ transplant)
- Dragon Raja (Lee Young-Do fantasy novel)
- Disassembly Reassembly Equipment
- Disassembly/Reassembly Equipment Station
- Disassembly/Reassembly Fixture
- Design Standard
- Detached Service (US Navy)
- Dextrose in Saline
- Digital to Synchro
- Duration of Status (immigration)
- Duty Station
- Development/Support Activity
- Digital to Serial
- Detective Sergeant
- Defense Medical Information Systems/Systems Integration, Design Development, Operations and Maintenance Services (US DoD contract)
- Design, Development, Operations and Maintenance Services
Samples in periodicals archive:
Thus, a fuller understanding of dominance and submission in both men's and women's fantasies is a worthwhile research goal.
And it also means putting the horse's natural world order, of dominance and submission, to work.
Their elaborate pas de deux of dominance and submission are among the most intimate love scenes ever filmed.