A detailed analysis of this area of law is beyond the scope of this item, but the intersection of domestic asset protection trusts (DAPTs) with DING trusts merits a moment of attention.
What does DAPT stand for?
DAPT stands for Domestic Asset Protection Trust
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DAPT
We have 2 other meanings of DAPT in our Acronym Attic
- Differentially-Encoded Amplitude- and Phase-Shift Keying
- Dynamic All-Pairs Shortest Path
- Department of the Army Physical Security Review Board
- Defence & Aerospace Publishing Services (Switzerland) SA
- Delaware Academy of Public Safety and Security (Newark, DE)
- Document and Personnel Security System (environment)
- Dust, Atmospheres and Plasmas in the Solar System (research project; Finland)
- Democratic Action Party Socialist Youth (Malaysia)
- Denver Area Physics Teachers (Denver, CO)
- Diphtheria, Acellular Pertussis, Tetanus (vaccine)
- Dual Antiplatelet Therapy
- Dutch Aviation Promotion Team (air show organization)
- Declining Amphibian Populations Task Force
- District Assets Protection Team Leader (Target stores management)
- Dilute Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time
- Data Acquisition and Processing Unit
- Da Água Pro Vinho (Portuguese: Water Wine Pro; Brazil)
- Defense Acquisition Policy Working Group
- Data Acquisition
- Delivered Audio Quality
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Winter 2013 Enhancement substantially expands the Domestic Asset Protection Trust (DAPT)
Constitution requires states to provide "full faith and credit" to the judgments of other states, and a major concern among the legal community is whether a domestic asset protection trust would withstand a challenge on these grounds.
First, T chooses to establish an LLC to serve as a mortgage lender and an income tax defective domestic asset protection trust (Trust) to be the LLC's primary member.
Nenno will summarize and compare the domestic asset protection trust laws, discuss their federal income and transfer tax implications and describe potential uses of the trusts.
Self settled or Domestic Asset Protection Trusts (DAPTs)
He also will explore domestic asset protection trust statutes, federal income and transfer tax implications, and the creation of offshore asset protection trusts.
Mintz said that one of the most powerful features of WealthDocx 7 is the redesigned Irrevocable Trust System, which includes a highly sophisticated Domestic Asset Protection Trust assembly.