A joint statement issued on behalf of the two sides taking part in the 11th EU-India Summit here, also said that the leaders welcomed the commitments made at the G-20 Seoul Summit to promptly bring the Doha Development Round to an ambitious, comprehensive and balanced conclusion in 2011, consistent with the mandate of the Doha Development Round and built on the progress already achieved.
What does DDR stand for?
DDR stands for Doha Development Round (World Trade Organization)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DDR
We have 194 other meanings of DDR in our Acronym Attic
- Direction du Développement Rural (French: Directorate of Rural Development)
- Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration
- Disarmament, Demobilization and Resettlement
- Discovery Data Record (Microsoft System Management Server)
- Dispositif Différentiel Résiduel (French: Residual Current Device)
- Disposition Decision Review
- Distributed Dynamic Reservation
- District Dedicated Revenue (Florida)
- Document Discrepancy Report
- DoD (Department of Defense) Data Repository (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They sent strong signals of political resolve to conclude the Doha Development Round in 2011.
India , which last year spearheaded efforts to revive talks on a new global free-trade pact, said Monday that US "domestic compulsions" were holding up efforts to conclude the Doha Development Round .
Sharma in September hosted ministers from 36 trading nations as well as top officials from the WTO and the European Commission to try and kickstart the Doha Development Round of talks following their collapse in July 2008.
Among major objectives under the Doha Development Round, launched in 2001, are lowering tariffs and subsidies for agricultural products, improving market access for manufactured goods, and increasing trade in services.
Wealthy nations including the United States and emerging nations agreed at a summit in July to try to conclude the Doha Development Round in 2010.
He said their government was looking for ways to best protect Turkish interests in Doha Development Round talks, adding that for industrial goods they were exerting efforts to protect the advantages of the preferential tariff system currently implemented in the EU market.
The ministers said they are committed to reaching an ambitious and balanced conclusion to the Doha Development Round in the shortest possible time.