Sean acknowledges that others have explored the territory, notably Philip K Dick, whose short story Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep was made into the film Blade Runner by Ridley Scott.
What does DADOES stand for?
DADOES stands for Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (Philip K. Dick novel, basis for Blade Runner)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- DMA Automated Distribution Management System
- DON Application and Database Management System
- Drama, Art and Design for Mutual Understanding (UK)
- 1,1-Diamino-2,2-Dinitroethene (explosive compound)
- Deck Aft Door Opened
- Denver Anti-Discrimination Office (Colorado)
- Dimond Alpha Digital Organization (fictional, Pendragon Adventure)
- District Agriculture Development Office (Commercial Agriculture Development Project; Nepal)
- Duty Air Defence Officer
- Denver Association of Division Order Analysts (Colorado)
- Deputy Assistant Director Ordnance Services (Australia)
- Daily Average Dew Point
- Deoxyadenosine-5'-Diphosphate (nucleotide)
- Département des Autorisations de Diffusion Publique (French: Department of Public Broadcasting Authorities)
- Dhirubhai Ambani Developer Programme (India)
- Diploma in Applied Drama and Psychology (Singapore)
- District Agriculture Development Plan (various locations)
- Dynamic Adjustment of DPCH (Dedicated Pilot Channel) Power
- 4,4'-Diaminodiphenyl Ether (chemistry)
- Deputy Assistant Provost Marshal
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dick, acclaimed science fiction author who wrote Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and Man in the High Castle, began to experience what he could only describe as religious revelations that included hallucinations and detailed insights into extra-terrestrial influence on human history.
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is the book which inspired Bladerunner.