rigid molecule [alpha]-methylstyrene ([alpha]-MSO, and ita-conic acid (ITA) as reaction monomers, benzoyl peroxide (BPO) as initiator, divinylbenzene (DVB) as crosslink agent, gelatin and tricalcium phosphate as dispersion agents, and toluene and cyclohexane as solvents in order to synthesize novel high oil-absorbing resin (PEMI) by suspension copolymerization method.
What does DVB stand for?
DVB stands for Divinylbenzene
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DVB
We have 37 other meanings of DVB in our Acronym Attic
- Disaster Vulnerability Assessment Training Exercise
- Delaware Valley Americans United for Separation of Church and State
- Data Verification Brief (USAF)
- Delhi Vidyut Board
- Democratic Voice of Burma (Oslo, Norway)
- Denis Voineau Bâtiment (French energy firm)
- Device Base Control Block
- Die Düsseldorfer Virtuelle Bibliothek
- Digital Video Book
- Digital Video Broadcasting (trademark of DVB Project; Geneva, Switzerland)
- Double Value Bes (Busy Energy-Signal)
- Dresdner Verkehrsbetriebe (German: Dresden Transport Authority)
- Digital Video Broadcasting - Asynchronous Serial Interface
- Digital Video Broadcasting-Cable (TV)
- Digital Video Broadcasting - Common Scrambling Algorithm
- Digital Video Broadcast - Handheld (digital TV)
- Digital Video Broadcasting - Internet Protocol Datacasting
- Digital Video Broadcast - Multimedia Home Platform
- Digital Video Broadcasting - Reverse Channel
- Digital Video Broadcasting Return Channel for LMDS (Local Multipoint Distribution System; wireless communications)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The crosslinkable vinyl monomer is selected from the group consisting of divinylbenzene, trivinylbenzene and ethylene glycol di(meth) acrylate, and wherein the vinyl monomer having a heteroaromatic ring is selected from the group consisting of 2-vinylpyridine, 4-vinylpyridine, 1-vinylimidazole and 2-vinylpyrimidine.
The cartridges used for solid-phase extraction (SPE) were EnviChrom P (Supelco/Aldrich) hydrophobic cartridges with 250 mg styrene divinylbenzene.
This non ionic crosslinked Divinylbenzene Copolymer adsorbs hydrophobic molecules of low molecular weight (like valerenic acids) from polar solvents.
It was identified as divinylbenzene, an irritant to eyes, skin and the respiratory tract.
They found that an absorbent--polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) solid phase microextraction (SPME) fiber--was more appropriate for extracting beef flavors than a divinylbenzene (DVB)-Carboxen-PDMS fiber.
Cholestyramine is an anion exchange resin consisting of trimethylbenzylammonium groups in a long-chain polymer of styrene and divinylbenzene, and colestipol is a long-chain polymer of diethylenetriamine and 1-chloro-2,3-epoxypropane.
The first polymer, 1, was prepared by allowing 2% divinylbenzene crosslinked aminomethylated polystyrene to react with [delta]-gluconolactone as illustrated in Figure 1.