BUSINESS WIRE)--May 7, 2001 Entergy Chooses D-SMES to Assure Power Reliability in Summer of 2001 and 2002 American Superconductor Corporation (Nasdaq:AMSC) and GE Industrial Systems, a business of the General Electric Company (NYSE:GE), today announced a follow-on order from Entergy Corporation for two additional distributed superconducting magnetic energy storage (D-SMES) units to assure power reliability in the Houston, Texas area in the summer of 2002.
What does DSMES stand for?
DSMES stands for Distributed Superconducting Magnetic Energy Storage
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of DSMES in our Acronym Attic
- Directory Services Management Exit
- Distinguished Sales and Marketing Executives (award)
- Division for Stewardship and Mission Education
- Division of Science and Mathematics Education (Michigan State University)
- Division of Studies in Medical Education
- Domain-Specific MIPS Environments
- Domain-Specific Modeling Environment
- Drewsif Stalin's Musical Endeavors (band)
- Dual Shape Memory Effect (metals)
- Durban Society Model Engineers (South Africa)
- Dansk Selskab for Medicinsk Fysik (Danish: Danish Society of Medical Physics)
- Death Statistical Master Files (Center for Health Statistics, Sacramento, CA)
- Didactique des Savoirs Mathématiques pour Formateurs (French: Teaching of Mathematical Knowledge for Trainers)
- Diplôme Spécial en Micro-Finance (French: Special Diploma in Micro-Finance)
- Domaine Sol et Mur Flandres (French: Flanders Area Floor and Wall)
- Dansk Selskab for Medicinsk Filosofi, Etik og Metode (Danish: Danish Society for Medical Philosophy, Ethics and Methodology)
- Dual-Surface Magnetic Field Integral Equation
- Da'Storehouse Music Group
- Dansk Selskab for Medicinsk Genetik (Dutch: Danish Society for Medical Genetics)
- Data and Systems Management Group (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The product, called distributed superconducting magnetic energy storage (D-SMES), increases the reliability and bandwidth of power grids.
Examples of new solutions that will enable successful deregulation include high-bandwidth superconducting power cables and distributed superconducting magnetic energy storage (D-SMES) systems.