Underwriters Laboratories' and CSA certifications add a significant consumer confidence label to our highly efficient and environmentally friendly, full-time distributed power units," stated I Power's President and COO Terry Pahls.
What does DPU stand for?
DPU stands for Distributed Power Unit (multiple locomotives acting as one unit for large trains)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DPU
We have 55 other meanings of DPU in our Acronym Attic
- DePauw University (Indiana, USA)
- Depleted Uranium
- Development Planning Unit (various organizations)
- Diesel Powered Unit
- Digital Processing Unit
- Digital Processor Unit
- Dinas Pekerjaan Umum (Indonesia)
- Directed Patrol Unit
- Display Processor Unit
- Disruptive Pattern Uniform
- Distributed Processing Utilities
- Distribution Per Unit (investing, trusts)
- Dossier Patient Urgences (French: Emergency Patient Record)
- Droit de Préemption Urbain (French: Right of First Refusal)
- Droits à Paiement Unique (French: Single Payment Entitlement)
- DS1 Performance Unit (Hekimian)
- Due Process Unit (various organizations)
- Dynamics Power Unit
- Dumlupýnar Üniversitesi (Dumlupýnar University, Kütahya, Turkey)
- Dentonia Park United Church (Toronto, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
TIAX said it will undertake a three-year project to "increase the viability and commercialization of SOFCs," which can be used in a "wide range" of applications from auxiliary power units for trucks to residential distributed power units.
The fuel cells could be used in a wide range of applications, from APUs for trucks to residential distributed power units.
A distributed power unit can be connected directly at the end user's location to supplement or replace the current supply from a utility's transmission or distribution system.
When combined with an innovative exhaust heat recovery system and proprietary controller technologies, the I Power distributed power units offer maximum efficiencies and attractive energy alternatives for consumer markets.
It also will validate DTE Energy Technologies' energy|now System Operations Center(TM) that monitors, dispatches and performs energy trading activities for distributed power units via the internet.
The locomotives will be equipped with EPIC(R) locomotive electronic air brakes and PowerLink(R) distributed power units, while the freight cars will utilize ECP freight car brakes.