He considers it a tool to be used in understanding and treating distributed parameter systems, rather than a sub-discipline of its own.
What does DPS stand for?
DPS stands for Distributed Parameter Systems
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DPS
We have 415 other meanings of DPS in our Acronym Attic
- Disabled Photographers' Society (UK)
- Disease Prevention Specialist
- Disintegrations Per Second
- Display PostScript
- Display Processing System
- Display Property Sheet
- Dispositifs Prévisionnels de Secours (French: Provisional Relief Device; aid station)
- Distal Perfusion System
- Distance Per Stroke (swimming)
- Distinct Population Segments (Endangered Species Act criteria)
- Distributed Phone System
- Distributed Power System
- Distributed Presentations Services
- Distributed Print Services
- Distributed Processing System
- Distribution Plomberie Sanitaire (French: Sanitary Plumbing Distribution)
- Distribution Processing System
- District Planning Secretariat (Sri Lanka)
- Ditcham Park School (UK)
- Dividend Per Share
Samples in periodicals archive:
Examples are presented from distributed parameter systems such as acoustic fields, thermo-dynamic fields, magnetic fields, and vibrations in flexible structures.
Recent approaches for control of distributed parameter systems have focused on the development of control methods that directly account for their spatially distributed nature.