and relates to: (i) "link based," user-driven ranking of web pages, at scale, using user attention data; and (ii) the construction of a large distributed Internet search engine, by coupling together millions of individual computers, through the use of a distributed hash table file system.
What does DHT stand for?
DHT stands for Distributed Hash Table (network storage)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DHT
We have 66 other meanings of DHT in our Acronym Attic
- Dehydrogenation Heat Treatment
- Delayed Hypersensitivity Test (immunology)
- Dental Hi Tec (France)
- Deputy Head Teacher (UK)
- Diesel Hydro-Treater
- Digital Home Theater
- Directly Heated Triode
- Discrete Harley Transform
- Distillate Hydrotreater (refinery processing unit)
- District Health Team (various locations)
- Diversity Handover Trunk
- Dobhoff Tube (feeding tube)
- Documents pour l'Histoire des Techniques (French: Documents for the History of Technology)
- Down Hole Tool (Petrostar Corporation)
- Dundee Heritage Trust (UK)
- Saskatchewan Highways and Transportation (Canada; also seen as SHT)
- Devonshire Heartland Tourism Association (UK)
- Dominica Hotel Tourism Association
- Daimler-Hyundai Truck Corporation (est. 2000)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Specialists explore such topics as a structured approach to selecting data collection mechanisms for detecting intrusion, using broadcast messaging in a distributed hash table for detecting intrusion, detecting botnet behavior using network synchronism, dimension reduction and its effects on clustering for intrusion detection, and a subspace-based analysis method for detecting anomaly in large and high-dimensional network-connected data streams.
Accordingly, we propose a framework made up of a secure Distributed Hash Table layer based on Kademlia, including an identity based scheme and a secure communication protocol, providing an effective defense against well known attacks.
Topics include software aging and rejuvenation in a SOAP-based server, congestion control for distributed hash tables, video-on- demand equipment allocation, and analysis models for blind search in unstructured overlays.
Most of the existing Data Lookup Systems employ lookup protocols that are based on the Distributed Hash Tables (DHTs).
Global enterprise deduplication: HYDRAstor's DataRedux[TM] technology leverages a fully distributed hash table to fully maximize deduplication storage efficiency within a single pool for both backup and archives.
The PlanetLab program is an open and distributed testing environment for developing, deploying and accessing global network services, such as distributed storage, network mapping, peer-to-peer systems, distributed hash tables and distributed query processing.