Systems engineering trade studies will define a distributed ground system that utilizes commercial infrastructure to the greatest extent possible to enable cost-effective, robust, faster data distribution for weather and other missions.
What does DGS stand for?
DGS stands for Distributed Ground System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DGS
We have 146 other meanings of DGS in our Acronym Attic
- Diminished Gluteal Syndrome (King of the Hill)
- Diocesan Girls' School
- Diocese of the Good Shepherd
- Direction Générale de la Santé (French: General Directorate of Health)
- Direction Générale des Services (French: General Directorate of Services)
- Director of Graduate Studies (various university departments)
- Director-General of Security
- Directory Generation System
- Discount Gun Sales
- Distributed Ground Station
- Distribution Gestion Service (French: Distribution Management Service)
- Division of General Services
- Douglas (Amtrak station code; Douglas, WY)
- Dragon Go Surfer (online computer game)
- Dragons du Soleil (French: Dragons of the Sun; gaming)
- Dried Distiller's Grains and Solubles
- Drill Guidance System
- Drogheda Grammar School (second level school in Ireland)
- Dry Gas Seal
- Dynamic Geometry Software
Samples in periodicals archive:
Each ground station of the system architecture is designated as a Distributed Ground System (DGS).
California Beale AFB -- The 13th Reconnaissance Squadron and 50th Intelligence Squadron, classic associate units, have an increase of 19 full-time Active Guard and Reserve Airmen and 19 traditional drilling reservists and decrease of 10 full-time Air Reserve Technicians (ART) for Distributed Ground Systems 2.