According to the company, the new release features: web forms for marketers, allowing non-technical users to build rich interactive forms, configure campaigns and conversion goals; Outlook-based workflow management, enabling users to receive workflow notifications from within Outlook in real-time; web-based distributed authoring and versioning (WebDAV) media and document management, featuring drag and drop image uploads; as well as inline Word editing.
What does DAV stand for?
DAV stands for Distributed Authoring and Versioning (HTTP extensions; aka WebDAV)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of DAV
We have 52 other meanings of DAV in our Acronym Attic
- Deutsche Aktuarvereinigung (German: German Actuarial Association)
- Deutsche Aussenhandels- und Verkehrsakademie (Bremen, Germany)
- Deutscher Alpenverein (German Mountaineering Association)
- Deutscher Anwaltverein (German lawyers' association)
- Deutscher Apothekerverband (German: German Pharmacists Association)
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (Indian university)
- Digital Analog Video
- Digital Analyzing Voltmeter
- Digital Audio/Video (connector)
- Disabled American Veterans
- División de Atención a la Victima (Spanish: Division of Victim Care; various locations)
- Defense Audiovisual Agency
- Delta-Amino Valeric Acid
- Disabled American Veterans Auxiliary
- Dispositif Académique de Validation des Acquis (French: Prior Academic Accreditation)
- Distributed Active Vibration Absorber (mechanical engineering)
- Downtown Aurora Visual Arts (est. 1993; Aurora, CO)
- DOE Automated Visitor Access Control System (database)
- Data Validation and Reporting (telecommunications)
- Dealer Authorized Value-Added Retailer
Samples in periodicals archive:
An early 2000 Zope release will include support for two protocols heavily supported by Microsoft, the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) protocol.
A proposal to add distributed authoring and versioning to documents published on the world wide web has taken a leap towards widespread acceptance.
WebDAV Support - The City is already using Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) within the Web site.
2 new advanced features include Local and Wide Area Replication, journaled and non-journaled capabilities, extensive snapshot features, dynamic partition expansion, WEB-DAV distributed authoring and versioning (for file access in lieu of share permissions), advanced quota support capabilities, anti virus and intrusion detection options and much more.
PaperPort Link Agents on display at AIIM include those for WebDAV (the Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning standard), HP AutoStore, Kofax Ascent Capture, Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server and Xerox DocuShare.
Support for Delta-V is an important technology for the content management industry, because it provides an open standard alternative to proprietary, vendor-specific repository protocols for distributed authoring and versioning of documents.
The security vulnerability was found in Microsoft's Windows 2000 Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) component of its Internet Information Services (IIS 5.