Speed is measured as distance divided by time, so even in this simple formula you can see how the speed of light is connected to time.
What does D/T stand for?
D/T stands for Distance divided by Time
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of D/T
We have 62 other meanings of D/T in our Acronym Attic
- Digital to Serial
- Detective Sergeant
- Defense Medical Information Systems/Systems Integration, Design Development, Operations and Maintenance Services (US DoD contract)
- Design, Development, Operations and Maintenance Services
- Disease/Structure Modifying Osteoarthritis Drug
- Date and Time
- Deed of Trust
- Design and Technology
- Difficulty/Terrain (geocaching)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For the measurement of small changes in speed, being distance divided by time, a very accurate measure of time is required and this has only been possible since the development and adoption of the atomic clock back in 1967.