Amy said: "Online businesses must comply with national implementations of the EU's directives, including the Distance Selling Directive, Unfair Commercial Practices Directive and ECommerce Directive.
What does DSD stand for?
DSD stands for Distance Selling Directive (consumer legislation; EU)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DSD
We have 235 other meanings of DSD in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Solutions Division (various companies)
- Digital System Design
- Direct Services Dialing
- Direct Store Delivery
- Direct Stream Digital (Sony digital audio format)
- Direction de la Solidarité Départementale (French: Departmental Directorate for Solidarity)
- Director of Staff Development
- Directorate of Staff Duties
- Disability Services Division (various locations)
- Disorders of Sex Development
- District of South Dakota (judiciary)
- District Secretary's Division (Sri Lanka)
- District Security Division
- Division of Shortage Designation
- Division of Student Development (various schools)
- Doctor in Social Development (various universities)
- Document Structure Description (XML)
- Double Shoulder Disarticulation
- Double Stamp Day
- Drainage Services Department (Hong Kong)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They are not definitive but - comply with the EU Distance Selling Directive, get your tax right, allow for visitors with disabilities, register with the Data Protection Registry and comply with the rules on sending e-mail.
Regulatory environments Pan European ; National legislation; Self Regulation; The UK Regulatory Environmentm Directive 95/46/EC: Processing Personal Data and the Protection of Privacy, The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), The Telecommunications (Data Protection) Regulations 1999, The E-Commerce Sector Data Protection Directive (2002/58/EC), The E-Commerce Directive (2000/31EC, The Distance Selling Directive (97/7/EC).
A distance selling directive, introduced almost a year ago, was put in place to give rights to consumers who buy over the Internet and every e-commerce site should abide by its rules.
She says that the main acts and directives which companies should consider are the Data Protection Act, Electronic Communications Act, Distance Selling Directive and Electronic Commerce Directive.
In June, for example, the Distance Selling Directive will be implemented to protect consumers from unscrupulous on-line traders by requiring cooling-off periods and delivery dates.
Birmingham law firm Eversheds is advising companies affected by the EU Distance Selling Directive to examine their compliance.