In another optical device advance, the Lucent family of dispersion compensating modules (DCM), has been expanded to now cover both C- and L-bands and to compensate for a variety of standard and non-zero dispersion shifted fibers.
What does DSF stand for?
DSF stands for Dispersion Shifted Fiber
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DSF
We have 174 other meanings of DSF in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Simulation Facility
- Digital Solidarity Fund
- Digital System Feature
- Diplomatic Security Force (US State Department)
- Direct Sales Force
- Direction des Services Financiers (French: Directorate of Financial Services)
- Direction des Services Fiscaux (French: Fiscal Affairs Department; various locations)
- Directional Solidification Furnace
- Directory System Function
- Disappearing Solar Filament
- Display Simulation Facility
- District Stability Framework (USAID)
- Division of State Facilities
- DNA Sequencing Facility (various locations)
- Document Status File
- Document Submittal Form
- Douglas S. Freeman (school; Virginia)
- Douleurs sans Frontières (French: Pain without Borders)
- Droit des Sociétés et Fiscalité (French: Corporate Law and Tax)
- Dry-Season Form
Samples in periodicals archive:
Finally, the companies will also demonstrate 100G performance over 800 km of Corning LEAF fiber, the most widely deployed non-zero dispersion shifted fiber.
Non-zero dispersion shifted fiber will account for 75% of new fiber-
MCI was the first long distance carrier to use Corning single-mode fiber in 1983 and the first to deploy dispersion shifted fiber in its domestic routes in 1993.
TeraLight Metro is Alcatel's Non-Zero Dispersion Shifted Fiber (NZ-DSF) optimized for applications in networks covering distances between 70 and 200 kilometers.
With the introduction of optical amplifiers, Dispersion Shifted Fiber and now optical switching in the network, MCI is once again pioneering new and innovative telecommunications technologies that place it at the leading- edge of the industry.
TeraLight Ultra, Alcatel's non-zero dispersion shifted fiber is ideal for successful operation over high data rates and long distances.
WRI's testing of the Hi-Mode DMD measured optical signal quality after transmitting at 10 Gb/s on all channels of its latest long-haul DWDM system through 400 km of non-zero dispersion shifted fiber.