1) The need for a burns disaster plan integrated with national and provincial disaster plans was highlighted during the South African Burns Society Congress in Pretoria in 2009.
What does Displan stand for?
Displan stands for Disaster Plan (Australia)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Displacement (Offset)
- drug investigation support program (FAA)
- Dynamic Information Sharing Platform (HITEC Luxembourg SA)
- Dedicated Individuals Surviving Police Antics Trying Citizens Hard-Nosed Employers Refusing Sufficient salaries :-)
- Dinas Perindustrian Dan Perdagangan (Indonesian: Industry and trade service)
- Dinas Perindustrian, Perdagangan Dan Pariwisata (Indonesian: Industry, trade and tourism service)
- Distributed Personnel System
- Display Interactive System of Orbit Planning
- Dispatcher (railroad)
- Democratic Institutions Small Projects Scheme (Department for International Development; UK)
- Denver International Steel & Pipe Supply Co. (Denver, CO)
- Design and Implementation of Signal Processing Systems
- Digital Impedance Signal Quantifier (medical technology)
- Doctors Interpersonal Skills Questionnaire (assessment tool)
- Defense Information Standards Registry (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Planning for disasters is the best way to protect your family, and as a pet owner your disaster plan must include your pets.
The tremendous impact of hurricanes and other disasters causes many credit unions out of harm's way to immediately examine what type of disaster plan they have in place should a major disaster strike them, their sponsor or their field of membership.
Croner has produced a new practical disaster plan pocketbook for clients to help create and maintain effective contingency plans and put them into practice when required.
Writing a Disaster Plan has been developed to help health departments understand the importance of an all-hazards approach to plan development, identify and prioritize the hazards affecting their communities, gather appropriate personnel to write the disaster plan, develop a working draft of the disaster plan, and evaluate the effectiveness of the plan through structured exercises and the incorporation of necessary changes.
Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff says this year's devastating hurricanes should alert business owners that they need a disaster plan.
The council also asked that the Presiding Bishop and the management team at ECUSA's national office prepare a new disaster plan for the Church Center at 815 Second Avenue in New York.
This checklist aims to help those putting together a disaster plan for their organisation.