The federal Disaster Mitigation Act of 2000, signed into law by President Clinton, requires that all communities have a "multiple hazards mitigation plan" in place to qualify for federal disaster mitigation grants.
What does DMA stand for?
DMA stands for Disaster Mitigation Act of 2000 (aka the 2000 Stafford Act amendments)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DMA
We have 389 other meanings of DMA in our Acronym Attic
- Diploma of Municipal Administration
- Diplôme des Métiers d'art (French: Art Trade Diploma)
- Direct Market Access
- Direct Marketing Agency
- Direct Marketing Association
- Direct Memory Access
- Direction des Matériels des Armées (French: Directorate of Army Materials)
- Director of Military Assistance
- Directory Maintenance Assistant (Defense Message System)
- Directory of Military Application
- Discretionary Managed Account
- Displaced Moving Average
- Distributed Management Application(s)
- Distributed Media Application (Polycom videoconference virtualization server)
- Distributed Multipole Analysis
- District Metered Area (geography)
- Diversity and Multicultural Affairs (various schools)
- Division of Medical Assistance
- Division of Military Application
- Division of Monoclonal Antibodies (US FDA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Not only does this partnership serve to protect the residents and businesses within the City of Inglewood, it also serves to comply with the Federal Disaster Mitigation Act of 2000 that requires all jurisdictions to adopt a local hazard mitigation plan in order to receive much-needed FEMA funding in the event of a crisis.
Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (Stafford Act), as amended by the Disaster Mitigation Act of 2000.
Last week, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) initiated the first in a series of rulemaking activities to implement the Disaster Mitigation Act of 2000 (P.
By providing economic analysis for proposed and existing hazards mitigation projects and creating innovative strategies for mitigation planning, DTI also established itself as a leader in community-based risk assessment that meets the objectives of the Disaster Mitigation Act of 2000 (DMA2000).
New Emphasis on Pre-Disaster Preparedness Following last minute scuffling between House and Senate committees, Congress approved the Disaster Mitigation Act of 2000 (HR 707), a measure backed by NLC to reform the Stafford Act.