More than 10,000 French filmmakers and musicians, from Johnny Hallyday to Catherine Deneuve, have signed a petition backing the bill while the Directors Guild of America has thrown its weight behind the measure.
What does DGA stand for?
DGA stands for Directors Guild of America (movie directors union)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DGA
We have 96 other meanings of DGA in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Guardian Angel
- Diglycolamine (trademark of Huntsman Corporation)
- Diputación General de Aragón (Spainish: General delegation of Aragón)
- Dirección de Gestión Ambiental (Spanish)
- Dirección General de Aduanas (Spanish: Directorate General of Customs; various nations)
- Directeur Général Adjoint (French: Deputy Director General)
- Directeur-Grootaandeelhouder (Dutch: Managing Director and Major Shareholder)
- Directia Generala Anticoruptie (Romanian: Anticorruption General Directorate)
- Direction Générale de l'Agriculture
- Direction Générale de l'Armement (French: Directorate General of Armament; French Ministry of Defense)
- Disc Golf Association (Aromas, CA)
- Discrete Geometric Approach
- Dissolved Gas Analysis
- Don't Go Away
- Dramatists Guild of America, Inc.
- Drunken Golf Association (online)
- Dynamic Global Area
- Dynamic Greedy Algorithm (routing model)
- Digital Government Achievement Awards
- Dumfries and Galloway Angling Association (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Directors Guild of America president Michael Apted announced yesterday that the DGA membership “overwhelmingly” voted to retify the new deal with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers.
In all, more than 200 movies, including feature films, documentaries and short film programs of various genres, will play at several venues, including the Directors Guild of America which serves as festival headquarters.
In negotiating with the Writers Guild, for instance, the AMPTP's opening gambit was to say that, since the Directors Guild of America (DGA) accepted diminished residuals in 1987, the writers had to follow suit in 1988.
DIRECTORS GUILD OF AMERICA (DGA) The Directors Guild of America was founded in 1936 to protect the economic and creative rights of directors.
Robinson criticized provisions in the contract between the Directors Guild of America and the producers.
Herskovitz spent the last four years as the guild's vice president of television, a medium in which he has won two Emmy Awards, two Directors Guild of America awards and a Writers Guild of America trophy for his work on ``thirtysomething'' with frequent collaborator Edward Zwick.
Seven definite contenders -- selected as the top young student filmmakers by the film schools of New York University and Columbia -- will appear on Tuesday, May 4, before a panel of Directors Guild of America (DGA) filmmakers to show their work and participate in a discussion with DGA members.