The protocol, procedure and process followed by the government of India in such cases fall within the jurisdiction of the Directorate General of Shipping.
What does DG-S stand for?
DG-S stands for Directorate General of Shipping (India)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 146 other meanings of DG-S in our Acronym Attic
- Directorate-General of Justice, Freedom and Security (EU)
- Director General Peacekeeping Operations/Department of Peacekeeping Operations (Canada)
- Elizabeth II, By the Grace of God Queen and Defender of the Faith (inscription on British coins)
- Downgrade to Confidential
- Downgrade to Secret
- Double-Grid Finite Difference Frequency Domain (electromagnetics)
- Dual-Grid Finite-Difference Time-Domain (electrical engineering)
- Discontinuous Galerkin Finite-Element Method
- Double Gate Field Effect Transistor
- Discontinuous Galerkin Finite-Element Time Domain (electromagnetic method)
- Digital Government Dot Org (National Science Foundation research program)
- Dangerous Goods/Cargo Security (FEMA)
- Distance Geometry and Simulated Annealing (supramolecular chemistry)
- Directional Gyros/Vertical Gyros
- Data Group 1 (TDRSS)
- Designed Globin-1
- Desmosomal Glycoprotein 1 (gene)
- Dichloran-18-Glycerol Agar
- Damn Good Airplane (series of high-performance aircraft built by Benny Howard)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Minister had been intensely monitoring the progress of the release of these two sailors and the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) has been closely co-ordinating with the family of Capt.
The Indian Directorate General of Shipping sent a message to Iran last week saying the International Maritime Organization, a UN agency, requires an offended nation to send a detailed report outlining the evidence against a ship accused of polluting before that country can detain the vessel.
The vessel, MT Fairchem Bogey, is proceeding to a safe port, the Directorate General of Shipping, which regulates shipping activity, said in a statement late on Saturday.
The Indian Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) has also confirmed the hijacking of the tanker.
According to the Directorate General of Shipping, as many as 215 Indian crew were among those whose ships were hijacked and 136 of them have so far been released.
Directorate General of Shipping, Egyptian Environmental Affairs Agency, GE Commercial Financial Limited, Geological Survey of India, Government of Andhra Pradesh-Center for Good Governance, HDFC Bank, Liberty Group, Liberty University, Liz Claiborne, LUMSA (Libera Universita Maria SS.
The simulator allows providing the ECDIS Courses in full compliance with requirements issued on December 10, 2012 by Directorate General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, Government of India.