The STR-DN1050 supports up to Direct Stream Digital (DSD) while the STR-DN850 supports up to 192/24 WAV.
What does DSD stand for?
DSD stands for Direct Stream Digital (Sony digital audio format)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of DSD
We have 235 other meanings of DSD in our Acronym Attic
- Deutsches Sprachdiplom (German: German Language Diploma)
- Development Services Department (various locations)
- Development Services Division (various locations)
- Developmental Special Duties
- Digestive System Disorder
- Digital Sharing Device
- Digital Solutions Division (various companies)
- Digital System Design
- Direct Services Dialing
- Direct Store Delivery
- Direction de la Solidarité Départementale (French: Departmental Directorate for Solidarity)
- Director of Staff Development
- Directorate of Staff Duties
- Disability Services Division (various locations)
- Disorders of Sex Development
- Distance Selling Directive (consumer legislation; EU)
- District of South Dakota (judiciary)
- District Secretary's Division (Sri Lanka)
- District Security Division
- Division of Shortage Designation
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ADV8005 includes a full CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) master and audio return channel receiver and can receive up to six channels of I2S, S/PDIF, direct stream digital (DSD), and high-bit-rate (HBR) audio.
As a result, Lightning is also the first system able to stream Direct Stream Digital (DSD), double-rate DSD and Digital eXtreme Definition (DXD) wirelessly.
The models decode Direct Stream Digital (DSD) audio sources such as that from Super Audio CD players, and feature Sony's D.
I also noticed that Telarc engineers are using entirely different recording equipment these days--microphones, consoles, preamps, monitors, interconnect cables--and that the company is using Direct Stream Digital for their encoding, all of which would help to account for the differences I heard.
Additional new features include a TDM serial interface and a proprietary Direct Stream Digital (DSD) processor for SACD applications, allowing for volume control and on-chip 50 kHz filtering without an intermediate decimation filter stage.
The integrated SA-CD high-resolution audio format is based upon Direct Stream Digital (TM) (DSD) technology.
For SACD applications, the CS4398 includes a patent-pending Direct Stream Digital processor that includes a volume control engine that does not decimate the data stream, thereby maintaining the native sampling rate of 2.