Ausra's Next Generation Solar Thermal Installations Ausra's solar thermal steam systems incorporate next-generation Compact Linear Fresnel Reflector (CLFR) technology to: fuel standalone solar thermal and solar-natural gas hybrid power plants, augment power generation for new and existing fossil-fired power plants and generate direct solar steam for industrial applications, including enhanced oil recovery, desalination and food processing [http://www.
What does DISS stand for?
DISS stands for Direct Solar Steam
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DISS
We have 22 other meanings of DISS in our Acronym Attic
- Disabling Injury Severity Rate
- Disease Risk Assessment Profile
- Discrepancy In Shipment Report
- Dartington International Summer School (UK)
- Database of Individual Seismogenic Sources
- Defense Information System for Security
- Diameter Index Safety System
- Diameter Indexed Stainless Steel
- Digital Ionospheric Sounding System
- Direction des Interventions Sanitaires et Sociales (French: Directory of Health and Social Services)
- Distributed Image Spreadsheets
- Distributed Interactive Simulation and Stimulation
- DOE Integrated Security System
- Disability Sport South Africa
- Division Support Signal
- Data Integrity Search and Score (fraud detection)
- Defense Integrated Solutions and Services Division (Computer Services Corporation)
- Diagnostic Interview Schedule Screening Instrument
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ausra recently launched its direct solar steam product offering for industrial applications, including enhanced oil refining, food processing and pulp and paper manufacturing -- both as retrofits for existing plants and in new plant designs.