This is called Direct Part Mark Identification (DPMI).
What does DPMI stand for?
DPMI stands for Direct Part Mark Identification
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DPMI
We have 16 other meanings of DPMI in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Product Management Group (Electronic Publishing)
- Distribution Publicité Mobile Guyane (French: Guyana Mobile Advertising Distribution; Guyana)
- Dessins, Plans et Maquettes d'Habitations (French: Drawings, Plans and Models of Homes)
- Del Monte Philippines Inc.
- Des Patients Mieux Informés (French: Better Informed Patients; marketing)
- Desarrollo Pequena y Mediana Industria
- Designated Mean Point of Impact
- Desired Mean Point of Impact
- Diego Martin Pan Institute
- Differential Plane Mirror Interferometer (metrology)
- DOS Protected Mode Interface
- Dry Microburst Potential Index
- Dynegy Power Marketing, Inc. (various locations)
- Defense Pest Management Information Analysis Center
- Death Penalty Moratorium Implementation Project (American Bar Association)
- Dopravný Podnik Mesta Košice (Slovakia)
- Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (Cyrotex)
- Data Protection Management License (intellectual property)
- Days Per Mask Layer (semiconductor manufacturing)
- Deputy Program Manager for Logistics
Samples in periodicals archive:
Based upon its patented PatMax technology, says Cognex, IDMax is designed for Direct Part Mark identification (DPMI), an emerging industrial ID market that involves directly marking parts with permanent two-dimensional (2D) Data Matrix codes, and then reading those codes quickly and reliably throughout the production process.
To provide full life cycle traceability, a growing number of automotive, aerospace, medical device and electronics manufacturers, as well as DOD suppliers, are directly marking parts with a process known as Direct Part Mark Identification (DPMI).