The direct numerical simulations will be accompanied with the non-linear stability calculations using the Parabolised Stability Equations (PSE).
What does DNS stand for?
DNS stands for Direct Numerical Simulation
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DNS
We have 224 other meanings of DNS in our Acronym Attic
- Diablo Numismatic Society
- Did Not Show
- Did Not Start (auto racing)
- Diffuse Neutron Scattering
- Digital Natural Sound (recording studio; Germany)
- Digital Nervous System
- Digital Network Solutions (various locations)
- Digital Network Switch
- Dinitrosalicylic Acid
- Dinitrosalycilate (biochemistry)
- Direction Nationale de la Statistique (French: National Directorate of Statistics; Guinea)
- Director of Nursing Services
- Director, Navy Staff
- Distant Network Service
- Distributed Name Service
- Division of Nuclear Safety
- Division of Nutritional Services
- Do Not Schedule
- Do Not Sell
- Do Not Stuff (electronics manufacturing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As an alternative of Direct Numerical Simulation (DNS) , the Large Eddy Simulation (LES) technique is a promising approach [19-21].
Fully developed turbulent pipe flow: a comparison between direct numerical simulation and experiment.
Therefore, the direct numerical simulation is a very good selection.
00 Hardcover TL574 Through advances in computational capabilities, it is now possible to carry out direct numerical simulation of Rayleigh-Taylor, Kelvin-Helmholtz, and Richtmyer-Meshkov hydrodynamic instabilities.
Direct Numerical Simulation FDS has also the option to use a Direct Numerical Simulation (DNS) if the numerical grid is fine enough.
In recent years, direct numerical simulation techniques have been applied to study the bubble rise behaviour.
Inflow and Outflow Boundary conditions for Direct Numerical Simulations, JSME International Journal, series B, vol.