com/ Keywords in this release: ignition parts aftermarket, North America, direct ignition system, DIS, coil-on-plug, COP, spark plugs, ignition wire sets, engine control units, ignition caps and rotors, ignition distributors, platinum, iridium, engine control units, ECU, research, information, market, trends, technology, service, forecast, market share CONTACT: Tolu Babalola, Corporate Communications - North America, +1-210-477-8427, or Fax: +1-210-348-1003, or tolu.
What does DIS stand for?
DIS stands for Direct Ignition System (automotive)
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of DIS
We have 321 other meanings of DIS in our Acronym Attic
- Développement Informatique Service (French: Development Information Service)
- Digital Identification Signal
- Digital Image Stabilization
- Digital Imaging Spectroscopy (high-throughput screening of enzyme variants)
- Digital Imaging Surveillance
- Digital Imaging System
- Digital Information Society
- Digital Integration System
- Dipartimento di Ingegneria Strutturale (Italian: Department of Structural Engineering)
- Diplôme Interdisciplinaire de Spécialisation (French: Specialized Interdisciplinary Degree; various universities)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Aerio's zero-maintenance, self-adjusting, two-stage timing chain and distributorless direct ignition system help maintain Suzuki's reputation for hassle-free reliability while the standard front disc brakes, liquid-filled motor mounts, power steering and MacPherson Strut front and rear suspension ensure overall drivability.
2 liter, SOHC, V-6, aluminum alloy engine -- 225 hp at 5600 rpm and 216 lb-ft of torque at 4700 rpm (TL) -- 260 hp at 6100 rpm and 232 lb-ft of torque between 3500 and 5500 rpm (TL Type-S) -- Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control (VTEC) -- Dual-stage induction system and high-flow exhaust (TL Type-S) -- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) -- 5-speed Sequential SportShift semi-manual transmission -- Direct ignition system -- 105,000-mile tune-up intervals Chassis -- Refined double-wishbone independent front suspension -- Multi-link, double-wishbone independent rear suspension -- 16-inch wheel and tire diameter (3.