Direct drive linear electric motors, on the other hand, have tended to be expensive, difficult to install or less than ideal in applications where temperature, hygiene, noise or low maintenance are important.
What does DDL stand for?
DDL stands for Direct Drive Linear (motor)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DDL
We have 102 other meanings of DDL in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Delay Line
- Digital Distance Learning
- Digital Driver's License
- Dimensions Development Library (IBM)
- Diode-Diode Logic
- Diplôme de Didactique des Langues (French: Diploma in Language Teaching; various locations)
- Direct Down/Data Link
- Direct Downlink
- Direct Download
- Direct Drive Laser Printer
- Disegno di Legge (Italian: Drawing of Law)
- Dispersive Delay Line
- Display Directory List
- Document Definition Language
- Document Description Language
- Document Distribution List
- Donald's Dream Land (Donald Duck)
- Drop-Down List (user interface)
- Dynamique du Langage (French: Dynamics of Language)
- Deep Draft Lubricant Association (est. 1996)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hydraulics have been replaced by pneumatics and direct drive linear motors and air bearings to form a frictionless system that reduces wear and increases both reliability and grinding precision.
It is a two-terminal, hysteresis-free, cogfree, direct drive linear servo with infinite position sensitivity.