We were able to collect three types of aerial data (digital imagery, thermal data, and laser terrain profiles), download it from the aircraft to the mobile command center via high-speed direct downlink, and process the data into usable map products within 3 hours of data collection.
What does DD stand for?
DD stands for Direct Downlink
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DD
We have 113 other meanings of DD in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Domain
- Diluted bitumen/Diluent lines
- Dimebag Darrell (guitar player)
- Dimension Data (various locations)
- Dimensional Drawing
- Dionicko Drustvo (Croatian: limited partnership)
- Dippin' Dots
- Direct Damage (Everquest gaming term)
- Direct Debit
- Direct Deposit
- Direct Download
- Direct Draw (computer graphics technology)
- Direct Drive (vinyl record player drive system as opposed to belt drive)
- Directional Driller (oilfield, drilling)
- Directives Documentation (NASA)
- Disc Diameter (optical measurement)
- Discharged Dead
- Disconnecting Device (bolted bus)
- Dishonorable Discharge
- Disk Drive
Samples in periodicals archive:
But now, in this current war on terrorism, we do have these joint tactical air-ground stations deployed throughout the world, allowing our commanders in theaters of operation to get direct downlinks from these satellites.
The resulting data will be sent back to the user in real-time, via a direct downlink from the spacecraft.