Direct current cardioversion and transesophageal overdrive pacing are safe methods to attempt restoration of sinus rhythm.
What does DCC stand for?
DCC stands for Direct Current Cardioversion
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DCC
We have 706 other meanings of DCC in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Curation Centre (UK)
- Direct Cable Connect
- Direct Class Coupling
- Direct Client Connection
- Direct Client to Client
- Direct Clinical Care
- Direct Commercial Contract
- Direct Connect Card (Newbridge)
- Direct Connect Chat
- Direct Current Cable (CB radio)
- Direct Current Common
- Direct Current Control cabinet (AN/FSC-78B SATCOM terminal)
- Direct Current Converter (electronics)
- Direct-Coupled Cavity
- Direction du Cycle du Combustible (French: Directorate of Fuel Cycle; nuclear energy)
- Directors Core Curriculum
- DISA (Defense Information Systems Agency) Command Center (US DoD)
- Disaster Child Care (various locations)
- Disciples of Christ Church
- Disconnect Code (AT&T)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was a coinvestigator in a Mayo Clinic study that showed the risk of recurrence of atrial fibrillation in the year following direct current cardioversion of the arrhythmia in patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) was cut in half by continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy (Circulation 2003;107:2589-94).
Remifentanil can be used as a suitable supplement to propofol for direct current cardioversion and may provide a faster recovery profile than fentanyl.