If built, the pipeline each day could carry more than 800,000 barrels of diluted bitumen, or dilbit, from Canada to refineries along the US Gulf Coast.
What does Dilbit stand for?
Dilbit stands for Diluted bitumen
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Dual-Induction Log (energy production)
- Digital Integration Laboratory/Testbed
- Deaf Independent Living Association, Inc.
- Development of International Law in Asia
- Direct-Drive Image Light Amplifier (TV technology; also seen as D-ILA)
- Direction de l'Information Légale et Administrative (French: Directorate of Legal and Administrative Information)
- Danish International Ladies Amateur Championship (golf tournament; Denmark)
- Differential Laser Gyroscope
- Do I Look As Though I Give A Flip? (polite form)
- Dubuque Boys Independent League Baseball (Dubuque, IA)
- Diliman Interactive Learning Center (Philippines)
- Diploma Intermedio do Lingua Italiana Commerciale (Italian language proficiency exam)
- Distributed Intelligent Load Controller
- Dorsal Intercarpal Ligament Capsulodesis
- Dedicated Intelligence Loop Circuit System
- Diffuse Infiltrative Lung Disease
- Diffuse Interstitial Lung Disease
- Dream-Initiated Lucid Dream
- Drug-Induced Liver Disease
- Drug-Induced Lupus Erythematosus (autoimmune disease)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In another trend working against upgrading, oil sands mining is giving way to less-centralized steam-driven production methods, which are less costly to expand and which can ship diluted bitumen directly into the market.
Is the movement of the diluted bitumen in a 1,700-mile pipeline from Alberta to the Gulf Coast so formidable and dangerous that it not be considered?
applications to construct and operate two pump stations and a pipeline that would transport diluted bitumen from Fort McMurray to Sherwood Park.
Keystone XL would be a sister pipeline to the existing Keystone project which currently carries diluted bitumen from Canada's Alberta province to refineries in Illinois and Oklahoma.
Anthony Swift, a policy analyst for the Natural Resources Defense Council, gave subcommittee members a long, technical dissertation about the environmental dangers and increasing quantities of diluted bitumen one variety of tar sands-flowing through U.
Site construction is currently focused on pile driving (30% complete) and building nine site-fabricated 10,000 bbl storage tanks used to store fluids such as boiler feedwater, produced water, diluent, and the diluted bitumen (dil-bit) sales product.
The raw tar sand oil -- known as diluted bitumen of the National Resource Defense Council, who also stood by the report's numbers.