Hong Kong antibiotic tablet contained several plasticisers, including diisodecyl phthalate (DIDP), raising "quality concerns.
What does DIDP stand for?
DIDP stands for Diisodecyl Phthalate (plasticizer)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DIDP
We have 1 other meaning of DIDP in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Images Delivered Online (Department of the History of Art; Indiana University; Bloomington, IN)
- Drive In, Drive Out (song)
- Difference in Depth of Modulation
- Diffusion De Donnes (French Data Broadcasting System)
- Digital Image Data Output Product
- Division of Injury and Disability Outcomes and Programs (US CDC Injury Center)
- Define, Identify, Design, Optimize, Validate (engineering term)
- Davao Integrated Development Program (Philippines)
- Defence Indigenous Development Program (Australia)
- Digital Imaging Developer Programme (Canon)
- Des Idées et des Rêves (French: Ideas and Dreams)
- Development-Induced Displacement and Resettlement
- Data Item Description System
- Database Inferencing for Decision Support
- Decision Information Distribution System
- Defense Integrated Data System
- Defense Intelligence Dissemination System (US DoD)
- Des Idées et des Sites (French website firm)
- Distributed Intrusion Detection System
- Division of Intellectual Disabilities Services (Tennessee)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The health department on Monday said tests revealed the British firm s Augmentin antibiotic tablet contained several plasticisers, including diisodecyl phthalate (DIDP), raising "quality concerns.
Different batch Batches of the drug were recalled in the Hong Kong and Taiwan as they were said to contain an unsafe chemical additive, known as diisodecyl phthalate (DIDP) which could induce adverse side-effects in children.
Diisodecyl phthalate (DIDP) was used as the general-purpose plasticizer.
For example, diisodecyl phthalate (DIDP) is commonly used as a plasticizer to make the flexible vinyl surfaces in automobile interiors because it is extremely non-volatile and does not contribute to "new car smell.
Traces of diisodecyl phthalate (DIDP), which is used to make plastics more flexible, were found in Glaxo's amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium said on its website.
Health authorities earlier this week recommended local hospitals to stop prescribing Augmentin after traces of a plasticiser known as Diisodecyl phthalate (DIDP) were found in the drug, it said.
The following 11 phthalate metabolites were measured at the CDC (Atlanta, GA, USA): mono(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (MEHP), monobenzyl phthalate (MBzP), MBP, MEP, mono-isobutyl phthalate (MiBP), three oxidized metabolites of DEHP [mono(2-ethyl-5-hydroxyhexyl) phthalate (MEHHP), mono(2-ethyl-5-ox-ohexyl) phthalate (MEOHP), and mono(2-ethyl-5-carboxypentyl) phthalate (MECPP)], mono(3-carboxypropyl) phthalate [MCPP; an oxidized metabolite of both DBP and di-n-octyl phthalate (DOP)], and monocarboxyisooctyl phthalate (MCOP) and monocarboxyisononyl phthalate (MCNP) (oxidized metabolites of diisononyl phthalate and diisodecyl phthalate, respectively).