Among the topics are changing preservation paradigms, digital artifacts and digital objects, what attributes of digital materials to preserve, preserving technology versus preserving objects, and digital preservation initiatives and collaborations.
What does DPI stand for?
DPI stands for Digital Preservation Initiative (Canada)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DPI
We have 291 other meanings of DPI in our Acronym Attic
- Développement Prestation Informatique (French: Benefit Informatics Development)
- Di Protezione Individuale (Italian: Personal Protective Equipment; work safety)
- Diabetes Providers Inc (diabetic supplies)
- Diagnostic Pré-Implantatoire (French: Pre-Implantation Diagnosis)
- Diamond Products International
- Differential Pressure Indicator
- Diffraction Products Inc.
- Diffuse Pollution Initiative (UK)
- Digital Phone Interface (Ositech)
- Digital Planimetrics Inc.
- Digital Printing and Imaging Association
- Digital Products Inc.
- Digital Program Insertion
- Digital Projection International
- Direct Pour In-Mold
- Direct Programming Interface
- Direct RF (Radio Frequency) Power Injection (semiconductors)
- Direction du Patrimoine Immobilier (French: Management of Real Estate)
- Direction Production Ingénierie (French: Production Engineering Directorate; Electricité de France)
- Directional Power Increase
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since 2000, the Library has run a successful programme of digital preservation initiatives including developing a metadata extraction tool and digitisation of 19th Century newspapers (1,000,000 pages so far) and more recently under the NDHA Programme umbrella, developing an object management system -- an interim system to store digital material, a web curator tool -- for selective web harvesting and an optical character recognition application to search digital content.
The final article pulls us back out of the detail to look at the big picture of how the United States is managing and funding digital preservation initiatives.
One Example Pfizer in the United Kingdom provides a specific example of a digital preservation initiative.