The issue of digitalisation will be given fresh impetus next month (February) when the Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC), an alliance of key British archive organisations, produces a report on the state of the digital industry.
What does DPC stand for?
DPC stands for Digital Preservation Coalition (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DPC
We have 463 other meanings of DPC in our Acronym Attic
- Diagnostic Procedure Combination (Japanese variant of the Diagnosis-Related Group concept)
- Diagnostic Products Corporation (various locations)
- Diamond's Poker Cup (France)
- Differential Phase Contrast
- Differential Pulse Coding
- Digital Patch Cable
- Digital Personal Communicator (cellular phone)
- Digital Picture Chip (computing)
- Digital Pitch Control
- Digital Portable Communications
- Digital Printer Copier
- Digital Production Console (various companies)
- Digital to Probability Converter
- Digne Poker Club (France)
- Dijon Parkour Crew (France)
- Dimm (Dual In-line Memory Module) per Channel
- Diocesan Pastoral Center
- Diphenylcarbonate (polycarbonate)
- Diplôme de Premier Cycle (French: Undergraduate Degree)
- Dirección de la Protection Civile (Civil Protection Agency, Haiti)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lynne Brindley, chair of the Digital Preservation Coalition and chief executive of The British Library said, 'The launch of UKWAC is an essential step in helping us to understand the scope of the UK web space and how we can set about developing a selective yet useful national web archive.
Topics Covered: Editorial, Iain McGowan; Disaster Management In Archives, Libraries And Museums: An International Overview, Graham Matthews, Yvonne Smith and Gemma Knowles; The British Library Centre for Conservation, Vicki Humphrey; Promoting Preservation Awareness In New Zealand: The Role Of The National Preservation Office, Te Tari Tohu Taonga, Jocelyn Cuming; The Digital Preservation Coalition, Najla Semple; Digital Preservation Practices In South Africa: Review Of Existing Policy, Legislation, Guidelines And Standards, Douwe Drijfhout; National Libraries: Mission And Ministerial Sponsorship, Andy Stephens; Book reviews, Brophy, Peter.