Students, researchers, and practitioners can read about such aspects as advanced algorithms for land use and cover classification, generating digital elevation models from satellite interferometric synthetic aperture radar, assessing urbanization patterns and trends in the Gulf of Mexico region of the southeast US with Landsat and night-time lights imagery, estimating and mapping forest leaf area index using satellite imagery, advanced geospatial techniques for mapping and monitoring invasive species, and mapping marine oil spills from space.
What does DES stand for?
DES stands for Digital Elevation Model
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of DES
We have 367 other meanings of DES in our Acronym Attic
- Diebold Election Systems (now Premier Election Solutions)
- Dietary Energy Supply (Refers to number of calories consumed daily per person)
- Differential Evolution Strategy
- Diffuse Esophageal Spasm
- Digital Echo Suppressor
- Digital Education Services (various organizations)
- Digital Electronic Signal
- Digital Electronic Switch
- Digital Electronics Sub-System
- Digital Encryption System(s)
- Digital Enterprise Solutions (China)
- Digital Extend Signal
- Diploma in English Studies
- Diplôme d'Etudes Secondaires (French: High School Diploma; Canada)
- Diplôme d'Études Spécialisées (French: Higher Education)
- Diplôme d'Etudes Supérieures (French: Higher Education Diploma)
- Direct Educational Services, Ltd. (UK)
- Direction des établissements de Santé (French; Senegal)
- Director of Emergency Services
Samples in periodicals archive:
Prior Information Notice: "development of digital elevation model by aerial laser scanning (lidar) of areas with potential significant flood risk".
In order to initiate a study on the hydrology of peatlands, and at a later stage detect the important changes in wetness, it is necessary to create a digital elevation model (DEM) for a specific peatland area.
Arshad Hussain Siraj was of the view that as Pakistan is frequently affected by such disastrous situations, it is recommended that Digital Elevation Model (DEM) generated from Panchromatic Remote Sensing Instrument for Stereo Mapping (PRISM) onboard ALOS along with other optical data can be effectively used for flood mapping along River Indus for identification of most vulnerable areas.
A Digital Elevation Model (as a form of the Digital Terrain Model) is such a model commonly obtained from raster images.
The USGS has scanned differently scaled USGS maps, extracted map information, and created geospatial data such as digital elevation models (DEMs), digital line graphs (DLGs), and U.
The project marks the first all-digital statewide orthophoto mapping program in Arkansas, and involves simultaneous collection of natural color and color-infrared imagery for generation of 1-meter pixel resolution orthophotos and a 5-meter grid digital elevation model.
A digital elevation model (Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc.