It was published by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport in 2009 and a number of his recommendations were taken up by the Digital Economy Act 2010.
What does DEA stand for?
DEA stands for Digital Economy Act (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DEA
We have 231 other meanings of DEA in our Acronym Attic
- Designated Examining Authority (finance)
- Detective's Endowment Association
- Detector Electronics Assembly
- Deus Ex Assassins (gaming clan)
- Development and Environment Association (Baladna Cultural Center)
- Development Education Association (London, UK)
- Diakonie Emergency Aid
- Differential Educational Achievement (sociology)
- Differential Evolution Algorithm
- Diploma de Estudios Avanzados (Spanish: Diploma of Advanced Studies)
- Diplôme d'Etat d'Ambulancier (French ambulance driver certification)
- Diplôme d'Etudes Approfondies (French: Diploma of Advanced Studies; various locations)
- Direct Eigenspace Assignment
- Direct Electronic Access
- Directeurs d'Etudes Associés (French: Associate Director of Studies)
- Directly Earthed Appliances
- Director Enterprise Architecture
- Disability Employment Assistance (Australia)
- Discovery Educator Abroad
Samples in periodicals archive:
A similar system was to have been introduced by the British government, after the passage of the Digital Economy Act last year.
I highlight how easy it is to download entire pirated films because it's an issue opponents of the Digital Economy Act seem to shy away from.
Currency is essential, as the subject is fast moving--indeed, Secker has managed to squeeze in a reference to the Digital Economy Act of 2010, which must have preceded publication by a matter of weeks.
BT and Talk Talk challenged Government plans saying the 2010 Digital Economy Act legislation overstepped its powers with anti-piracy measures.
I believe that CDs still have a place in music retail, particularly when the Digital Economy Act comes into force and many people will have the choice of either paying to download albums or buying a CD," he says.
adoption of the Digital Economy Act (2) and the French adoption of The Creation and Internet Law, (3) the world has hotly anticipated a U.
com MANDELSON WINS VILLAIN AWARD MEMBERS of the UK's internet industry voted Lord Mandelson Villain of the Year thanks to his efforts to get the much-disliked Digital Economy Act through Parliament in the dying days of the Labour government.