Ironically, my low-cost civilian global positioning system (my digital backup) was updating my position in real time, down to one-meter accuracy, while my sophisticated digital battle command system could not keep pace.
What does DBCS stand for?
DBCS stands for Digital Battle Command System
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DBCS
We have 18 other meanings of DBCS in our Acronym Attic
- Data Base Change Request
- Day Break Coffee Roasters (Lubbock, TX)
- Deutsche Bank Currency Return (Germany)
- Don Bosco Cristo Rey (Takoma Park, MD high school)
- Drunken Belligerent Confrontational Rock (band)
- Defense Base Closure & Realignment Act
- Defense Base Closure & Realignment Commission
- Delivery Bar-Code Sorter
- Denbigh Baptist Christian School (Newport News, VA)
- Diffusion-Based Clock Synchronization
- Dismounted Battle Command System
- Dockside Beacon Calibration System
- Don Bosco Center of Studies (Philippines)
- Double-Byte Character Set
- Double-Byte Character Specification
- Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal (Australia)
- Data Base Control
- Data Bus Control Unit (data management)
- David Burham Custom Electric Violins (Eugene, OR)
- Density-Based Clustering Validation (data mining)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The real purpose of this article is to provide feedback on the advantages of using a digital battle command system in combat.
Alion's DOIS provides information system decision support, M&S solutions, program management and technical services for a number of critical military programs, including logistics, maintenance and supply support for the DoD; digital battle command system and training plans for the Army III Corps Battle Command Training Branch; and operation of the DoD's Modeling and Simulation Information Analysis Center (MSIAC), a clearinghouse for M&S expertise.