13 with the launch of an instrument that will probe the origin of the diffuse, low-energy X-ray background that bathes the nearby interstellar medium of our galaxy Carried aloft in the payload bay of the space shuttle Endeavor, the Diffuse X-ray Spectrometer (DXS) has twin detectors that together will test the theory that these low-energy X-rays are emitted by a bubble of ionized gas that envelops our solar system and extends for hundreds of light-years beyond.
What does DXS stand for?
DXS stands for Diffuse X-Ray Spectrometer (University of Wisconsin Space Shuttle-Flown experiment)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DXS
We have 9 other meanings of DXS in our Acronym Attic
- Diffracted X-Ray (radiation)
- Digital X-Ray Radiogrammetry (radiology)
- Dynamic Extended Resolution 2
- Differential X-Ray Diffraction
- Dynamic X-Ray Diffraction
- Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence
- Deep X-Ray Lithography
- Diffuse X-Ray Scattering
- Deep X-Ray Therapy
- Department of External Services (Macgyver)