20 Molecularly Determined Treatment of Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Gliomas (DIPG) 10.
What does DIPG stand for?
DIPG stands for Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (tumor)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of DIPG in our Acronym Attic
- Direct and Inverse Problems of Electromagnetic and Acoustic Wave Theory (international workshop)
- Diploma in Engineering
- Defense Intelligence Personnel Exchange Program
- Distributed and Parallel Embedded Systems
- Database of Individual Patient Experiences (UK)
- Dance Innovations Performance Foundation
- Deutsches Institut für Internationale Pädagogische Forschung (German institute for paedagogic research)
- Diffuse Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Diplomatic Facility (US DoD)
- Dipmeter Fast Log (energy production)
- Diploma in Glaucoma (College of Optometrists; London, UK)
- Diphase Supergroup Modem (US DoD)
- Délégation Interministérielle aux Personnes Handicapées (French: Interministerial Delegation for People with Disabilities)
- Diploma of Higher Education (UK)
- Decrease in Pixel Intensity
- Department of Infectious and Pediatric Immunology (University of Debrecen; Hungary)
- Diagnostic et Imagerie des Procédés Industriels (French: Diagnosis and Imaging of Industrial Processes; laboratory)
- Direct Intra Peritoneal Insemination
- Diploma in Industrial Management (UK)
- Diploma in Independent Prescribing (College of Optometrists; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The tumor, diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (DIPG), is found almost exclusively in children and accounts for 10 to 15 percent of pediatric tumors of the brain and central nervous system.
He is the first baby in the UK to suffer from lifethreatening diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma condition.
The proceeds of the gift are designed to further the research and development of remedies for Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma ("DIPG") pediatric brain tumors, the type of tumor that claimed the life of James Michael "Mikey" Czech in 2008 at age 11.
Phase III trial of nimotuzumab for the treatment of newly diagnosed diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas in children and adolescents" (Abstract number 2058): This poster reported data from a multi-centre Phase III study evaluating the feasibility and efficacy of nimotuzumab as the primary treatment for these patients.
Maddie's Dream and the Ocean Institute Maddie James was a five-year old girl from Dana Point who died from a pediatric brain cancer called Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG) in March of 2011 after being diagnosed in January.
Efforts to understand the genetic changes underlying a brainstem tumor called diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (DIPG) found that a startling 78 percent of the tumors carried changes in two genes not previously tied to cancer.
The first poster presentation, entitled "Phase III trial of nimotuzumab for the treatment of newly diagnosed diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas in children and adolescents" is listed as scheduled to be presented on Sunday, June 1, 2008 from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.