The MPS, he said, had invested in seven additional reachstackers and empty handlers, top of the range Gottwald Mobile Harbour Crane, two ship-to-shore (STS) cranes, nine rugged tyre gantry (RTG) cranes and a very sophisticated computer tracking solution called Differential Global Positioning System (DGPS) which provides improved container location accuracy on our platform in good time.
What does DGPS stand for?
DGPS stands for Differential Global Positioning System (aka Differential Global Positioning Service)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DGPS
We have 14 other meanings of DGPS in our Acronym Attic
- Division of Global Preparedness and Program Coordination (Coordinating Office for Global Health)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Psychiatrie, Psychotherapie und Nervenheilkunde (German: German Association for Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Neurology)
- Departamento de Geografia e Planeamento Regional (Department of Geography and Regional Planning)
- Direction des Grands Projets Routiers (French: Directorate of Major Road Projects; various locations)
- Direction Générale de la Prévention des Risques (French: General Directorate of Prevention of Risks)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft der Plastischen, Rekonstruktiven und Asthetischen Chirurgen (German: German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons)
- Deals' Guinea Pig Sarcoma
- Department of Government Protection Services (Ethiopia)
- Differential Geographic Positioning System
- Differential Global Positioning Service (navigation system; aka Differential Global Positioning System)
- Digital Global Positioning System
- Santé Canada, Direction Générale de la Protection de la Santé (French: Health Canada, Health Protection Branch)
- Deputy General Prosecutor for Serious Crimes (East Timor)
- Directorate General of Primary and Secondary Education (Indonesia)
- Differential Global Positioning System Technology
- Department General of Posts and Telecommunications (Vietnam)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Experimentelle und Klinische Pharmakologie und Toxikologie (German Society for Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology)
- Direction Générale des Postes et Télécommunications (French: Directorate General of Posts and Telecommunications)
- Directorate General of Posts and Telecommunications (Vietnam)
- Direction Générale des Productions Végétales (French: General Directorate of Plant Production; Burkina Faso)
Samples in periodicals archive:
revisits the extensive Bronze Age water management system discovered over 20 years ago on the Island of Pseira in eastern Crete using the recently acquired differential global positioning system to locate and measure the dams, reservoirs, and other features.
The digital survey in this program is done using Total Station and Differential Global Positioning System (DGPS) and hybrid methodology using aerial photography and by High Resolution Satellite Imagery.
The automatic landing software uses a differential global positioning system which provides an accurate cross section of where the aircraft is in space and in relation to the ground, the company said.
The launch and recovery element provides precision guidance for take-off and landing, using a differential global positioning system.
Willbros was familiar with the capabilities of Alberta-based Nowsco Pipeline Services' Geopig tool which can provide: high-resolution internal caliper data to accurately measure pipewall deformations, three-dimensional inertial data to provide three axis plans and profile data, bending strain, and accurate pipeline anomaly location using differential Global Positioning System (GPS) surveying equipment.
Key features: * Surface deformation monitoring methods * Geomechanics of reservoirs under production and injection * Seismic methods including time lapse seismic, microseismic and passive * Effects, pressure effects, out-of-zone fracturing * Differential global positioning systems Key Topics Covered: * Modern reservoir management applications * Characterization approaches * Field level monitoring * Surface monitoring approaches * Single well monitoring * Crosswell monitoring * Smart wells, i-fields 8.
Specific applications include high-accuracy positioning as part of a Trimble VRS(TM) network, as a mobile field base station or CORS for Real-time Kinematic (RTK) corrections, as a scientific reference station collecting information for specialized studies, as a field campaign receiver for post-processing applications and as support for Differential Global Positioning System (DGPS) coastal beacons.