[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] [FIGURE 2 OMITTED] [FIGURE 3 OMITTED] CHARM is based on the Differential Absorption LIDAR (DIAL) principle, an established active remote sensing method for detecting different gases in the atmosphere.
What does DIAL stand for?
DIAL stands for Differential Absorption LIDAR
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DIAL
We have 51 other meanings of DIAL in our Acronym Attic
- Driving Instructors Association Ireland
- Division of Immunology, Allergy and Infectious Diseases (Medical University of Vienna; Austria)
- Drummers in a Jam (Vashon Island, WA)
- Data, Information and Knowledge
- Dairy Industry Association Limited (now Dairy UK)
- Deficiency In Allowance List
- Delinquent Inventory Account Listing
- Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation (French: Globalization & Development Institutions)
- Device Independent Authoring Language
- Diffusion de l'Information sur l'Amérique Latine (French: Dissemination of Information on Latin America; magazine)
- Digitally Initialize Audio Link-Up (DIAL a phone number) :-)
- Direct Access Link
- Direct Information Access Line
- Disabled Information Advice Line
- Display Interactive Assembly Language
- Distributed Intelligent Agents for Logistics
- Distributed Intelligent Architecture for Logistics
- Document Image Analysis for Libraries (conference)
- Drown in a Lake
Samples in periodicals archive:
95 Hardcover Optical engineering TK6592 Written for atmospheric scientists familiar with laser remote sensor (Lidar) theory and operation, this dense volume presents the new femtosecond white light lidar, elastic lidar measurement of the troposphere, and differential absorption lidar methods for monitoring trace gases in the planetary boundary layer.
These measurements were acquired by use of Differential Absorption Lidar (DIAL) by employing two beams to determine the composition of the target.