5 [micro]L diethyl pyrocarbonate (DEPC)--treated water, and 4 [micro]L RNA extract.
What does DEPC stand for?
DEPC stands for Diethyl Pyrocarbonate
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DEPC
We have 4 other meanings of DEPC in our Acronym Attic
- Deutsches Patentinformationssystem (German patent information system)
- Department of Education for Peace and Integration
- Diabetes Education Program in Bulgaria
- Directive Européenne sur la Performance Énergétique des Bâtiments (French: European Directive on Energy Performance of Buildings)
- Duty Entitlement Pass Book Scheme
- Digital Exchange Pirate Board Alliance
- Data Evaluation and Publication Committee
- Department for Environment, Planning and the Countryside (UK)
- Department of Environmental Pollution Control (various nations)
- Depth Control Log (energy production)
- Down East Partnership for Children
- Digital Ethernet Personal Computer Adapter
- Deputy Commander, Joint Task Force (US DoD)
- Deputy Commander, Fleet Electronic Warfare Support Group
- Deputy Commander, Operational Test & Evaluation Force, Pacific
- Distributed Enterprise Print Controller
- Dependability of Computer Systems
- Dependents' Cruise
- Department of Economic Planning and Development (Brunei)
- Department of Education and Professional Development (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
All solutions were treated with diethyl pyrocarbonate, and surfaces were decontaminated with RNaseZap (Ambion).
Isolation of RNA, along with the use of RNase inhibitors, such as diethyl pyrocarbonate, or chaotropic agents, such as guanidinium chloride or guanidinium isothiocyanate, often used in combination, is also helpful, but also is laborious and time-consuming.