Researchers found that women who consumed 1272 or more dietary folate equivalents (DFE)/day of total folate over an average 10-year period had a 22% decrease in breast cancer risk compared with women consuming 345 DFE/day or less.
What does DFE stand for?
DFE stands for Dietary Folate Equivalent
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DFE
We have 55 other meanings of DFE in our Acronym Attic
- Depatie-Freleng Enterprises (animation group)
- Derivative Fighter Engine
- Derrick Floor Elevation (oil industry)
- Design Flood Elevation (building codes)
- Design for Effect (gaming)
- Design for Efficiency Scheme (Singapore)
- Design For the Environment
- Designed for EMC (certification)
- Développement Formation Emploi (French: Job Development Training)
- Diesel Fuel Excise (tax; Australia)
- Digital Front End
- Dilated Fundus Exam (eye exam)
- Direct Filing Entities
- Direct Filing Entity (IRS Form 5500)
- Direction de la Formation et des Études (French: Directorate of Training and Education)
- Directorate for Education (various locations)
- Directorate of Facilities Engineering
- Disgruntled Former Employee
- Distributed Forwarding Engine (Enterasys Networks)
- Division Force Equivalent
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dietary reference intakes for folate: the debut of dietary folate equivalents.
The differences in absorbability have led to the concept of dietary folate equivalents (DFE), where 1 DFE = 1 [micro]g food folate = 0.