1994) showed in pigs that the manipulation of dietary energy supply results in a positive correlation between growth rate and liver IGF-I, but not between growth and IGF-I in muscle.
What does DES stand for?
DES stands for Dietary Energy Supply (Refers to number of calories consumed daily per person)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DES
We have 367 other meanings of DES in our Acronym Attic
- Destination End System
- Destroyer (short form)
- Detached-Eddy Simulation
- Development and Engineering Services (various locations)
- Dewar Elementary School (Valdosta, GA)
- Di-2-Ethylhexel Sebecate
- Diabetes Education Society
- Diebold Election Systems (now Premier Election Solutions)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rice provides 20 percent of the world's dietary energy supply, according to FAO.