Port of Los Angeles Has Seen Diesel Particulate Matter Decrease by 71% "For example, the Port of Los Angeles, which instituted a landmark equipment upgrade and replacement program reports that as of January 2012, 100 percent of the drayage trucks hauling containers are now 2007 or newer models and particulate emissions from diesel use in the ports fell by 71 percent between 2005 and 2011.
What does DPM stand for?
DPM stands for Diesel Particulate Matter
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DPM
We have 206 other meanings of DPM in our Acronym Attic
- Design Professional Membership
- Designated Primary Market-Maker (US SEC term applicable to self-regulatory exchanges)
- Detection Profile Method
- Detroit Peace Makers
- Detroit People Mover (Detroit, Michigan)
- Detroit Process Machinery (Mount Clemens, MI)
- Development Process Manual
- Development Project Management (various locations)
- Development Proposal Manager
- Dial Processor Module (Newbridge)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Joe Stackulak, Manager of Strategic Ventilation at Vale's Canadian operations, is a world expert on the control of diesel particulate matter.
332) tested the hypothesis that diesel particulate matter (DPM) up-regulates RAGE in rat ATI-like R3/1 cells and human primary small airway epithelial cells, leading to an inflammatory response.
Recent Mazda Recipients of the Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan Awards 2008 - Kenji Suzuki, Kouichiro Harada, Hiroshi Yamada, Kenji Okamoto and Akihide Takami won the Outstanding Technical Paper Award for "Study on low temperature oxidation of diesel particulate matters by oxygen storage component for the catalyzed diesel particulate filter.
In accordance with a previously executed Memorandum of Understanding, Energenics and Cerion have pooled their R&D expertise to jointly develop a family of "third-generation" fuel-borne combustion catalysts that increase fuel efficiency while also reducing harmful greenhouse gas emissions and health-threatening chemicals, such as NOx and Diesel Particulate Matter (DPM).
The Mineral Point, Wisconsin, facility will produce Cummins' diesel particulate systems, which use a diesel oxidation catalyst and a diesel particulate filter to trap diesel particulate matter in the exhaust system, reducing particulate matter emissions by 90% while also reducing hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide.
Diesel particulate matter filters are more expensive than catalysts and must be used with low-sulfur diesel fuels to work properly, but they reduce emissions by 60 to 90 percent.
Diesel particulate matter (DPM) in exhaust is of great concern since 94% of it is less than 2.