Owing to their pioneering work the community of English historical linguists all over the world had access to searchable, albeit limited, diachronic corpora long before the Toronto complete Dictionary of Old English Corpus and the University of Michigan Middle English Compendium became available.
What does DOE stand for?
DOE stands for Dictionary of Old English
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DOE
We have 197 other meanings of DOE in our Acronym Attic
- Depending On Experience (jobs & classified ads)
- Depends On Experience
- Depth of Exploration
- Design of Experiences
- Design Of Experiment
- Designated Operational Entity
- Determination of Eligibility
- Diabetes Outpatient Education (Rhode Island)
- Diario Oficial de Extremadura (Extremadura, Spain)
- Diário Oficial do Estado (Portugese: Official State Gazette; Brazil)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A new edition is, nonetheless, needed, not only to reflect the current state of scholarship but also to provide a firm text and locus for citations for the Dictionary of Old English, which is in progress at the University of Toronto.
The Dictionary of Old English continues to be published at a fairly rapid pace: six letters -- more than a quarter of the alphabet, covering a somewhat smaller proportion of the total vocabulary -- have appeared in ten years, and A to E is now done.