Writing in his excellent 1998 title "A Dictionary of Modern American Usage," Bryan Garner notes at as far as, "In its figurative uses, this phrase must be followed by some complement such as that's concerned, that goes, or I know--e.
What does DMAU stand for?
DMAU stands for Dictionary of Modern American Usage
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Digital Music Access Technology (music industry trademark)
- Direction de la Modernisation et de l'Action Territoriale (French: Directorate of Modernization and Territorial Action)
- Disaster Medical Assistance Team
- distal myopathy with anterior tibial onset
- Defense Mapping Agency Topographic Center
- Delta MDM Application Test Equipment
- Doctor of Mathematics
- Defense Metropolitan Area Telephone System
- Display Measurement Assessment Transfer Standard (NIST)
- Dubuque Metropolitan Area Transportation Study (Metropolitan Planning Organization; various locations)
- Denis Montel Audio Visuel (French media production company)
- Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
- Departement Maschinenbau und Verfahrenstechnik (German: Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering; Zurich, Switzerland)
- Deployable Multinational Air Wing (European Air Group)
- Direct Marketing Association of Washington
- Depot Maintenance Activation Working Group
- Department of Municipal Administration and Water Supply (India)
- Maximum Densities (digital scanner quality)
- Maximum Drift Distance (US DoD)
- Daily Maximum Benefit (insurance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although Bryan Garner's Dictionary of Modern American Usage (DMAU) spends most of its time on a shelf beside my desk, I must confess that I've taken the DMAU to bed with me on more than one occasion.
Garner, in his 1998 Dictionary of Modern American Usage, says that "the careful writer distinguishes between these terms," but does not himself do so sufficiently.