In 1800, one of the world's greatest libraries, the Library of Congress, was founded, and Noah Webster published the first dictionary of American English in 1826.
What does DAE stand for?
DAE stands for Dictionary of American English
This definition appears somewhat frequently
See other definitions of DAE
We have 92 other meanings of DAE in our Acronym Attic
- Défibrillateur Automatisé Externe (French: Automated External Defibrillator)
- Défibrillation Entièrement Automatiques
- Degenerate Art Ensemble (performance company; Seattle, WA)
- Dental Abstracts en Español (Spanish language version of Dental Abstracts)
- Departamento de Agua e Esgoto
- Department of Agricultural Economics
- Department of Applied Economics (various locations)
- Department of Atomic Energy (India)
- Design Academy Eindhoven (Eindhoven, Netherlands)
- Dial An Exchange (timeshare exchange)
- Differential Absorption Experiment (physics)
- Differential Algebraic Equation Systems
- Differential-Algebraic Equation
- Digidesign Audio Engine
- Digital Agenda for Europe (EU)
- Digital Antenna Electronics
- Digital Art Exhibition
- Digital Arts and Entertainment (multimedia)
- Digital Asset Exchange (file extension)
- Digital Audio Extraction (from a CD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Oxford Dictionary of American English Alison Waters (Ed.
The Dictionary of American English (4 volumes, 1938-1944, henceforth DAE) defined crackerjack as "something exceptionally fine or splendid" and as "a confection composed of popcorn, molasses, and sometimes peanuts.
Noah Webster, however, is best known for his achievement that is the cornerstone of education and literacy today - the first dictionary of American English.
In 1800, one of the world's greatest libraries, the Library of Congress, was founded, and Noah Webster published the first dictionary of American English in 1828.
Mike Violano, vice president, International Sales and Rights, at Hungry Minds, said, "This is a great marriage of Webster's New World -- the preeminent dictionary of American English -- and Palm's global market-leading handheld computer.
Webster's New World Dictionary and Thesaurus is universally recognized as the premier dictionary of American English.