Their motion pictures, Diary of a Mad Black Woman and Madea's Family Reunion, had combined domestic gross box-office receipts of more than $113 million, and both opened at No.
What does DAMBW stand for?
DAMBW stands for Diary of A Mad Black Woman (movie)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Défense Antimissile Balistique (French: Ballistic Missile Defense)
- Delhi Agricultural Marketing Board (India)
- Deoxycholate amphotericin B
- Deutschen Arbeiter Mandolinisten-Bundes
- Digital Audio Multimedia Broadcasting
- Direct-Acting Mechanical-Bucket (automotive tappet valve train)
- Domestic Affairs Message Board (Joyce Maynard website)
- Drum and Melody Boyz (band)
- Datenaustausch Mit Banken (German: Data Exchange with Banks" - Siemens)
- Data Analysis in Molecular Biology and Evolution (book)
- 7,8-Diacetoxy-4-Methyl Coumarin (nuclear medicine)
- Danish Army Material Command (Denmark)
- Davis-Anderson Merchandising Corp. (Chatsworth, CA)
- Dubai Autodrome Motorsport Club (United Arab Emirates)
- Dublin Academic Medical Centre (Ireland)
- Düsseldorfer Automobil- und Motorsport-Club (German automobile club)
- Dynamique de l'Appropriation d'Une Maladie Chronique (French: Dynamics of Ownership of a Chronic Disease; program)
- Derek Anthony Moore Charity Inc. (philanthropic organization; Lanham, MD)
- Deutscher Amateur Moto Cross Verband (German: German Amateur Moto-Cross Association; Germany)
- Development of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) Mineral Database
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hollywood films include: Diary of a Tired Black Man - Tim Alexander's debut film about black relationships' Diary of a Mad Black Woman and the sequel Madea's Family Reunion, directed by Tyler Perry, and Bastards of the Party - a documentary about gang violence.
Perry shares his wise, endearing, and ferociously funny observations, advice, and beliefs in his book through the voice of his beloved character, Madea Simmons -- the irreverent, sharp-tongued, pistol-packing grandmother at the center of his back-to-back #1 hit movies, Diary of A Mad Black Woman and Madea's Family Reunion, multi-million selling DVDs and sold-out theatrical productions, including Madea Goes to Jail.
As a vice president in the motion picture department, King was instrumental in bringing actor, playwright, and producer Tyler Perry from the stage to the big screen by packaging the feature film Diary of a Mad Black Woman.
The duo, with nearly 10 years of combined experience with Lionsgate and its predecessor companies, are fresh off a string of theatrical box office successes including the number one smashes HOSTEL and SAW II, DIARY OF A MAD BLACK WOMAN and the critically-acclaimed hit CRASH, which just earned six Academy Award(R) nominations, including nods for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Screenplay.
Tyler Perry's House of Payne" was created by Tyler Perry, who has teamed with Lionsgate on the consecutive #1 theatrical hits DIARY OF A MAD BLACK WOMAN and MADEA'S FAMILY REUNION.
The Diary Of A Mad Black Woman soundtrack, was released one month after the theatrical release on Rowdy/Motown Records.
She has also written songs for several movie soundtracks including "Good Man" for We Were Soldiers, "Eyes of the Heart" for Radio, "Get It Together" for Shark Tale and "Purify Me" for Diary of a Mad Black Woman.