VC2 comes with several critically important features, including dialed number identification service (DNIS), which allows the system to intelligently route calls based on the 800 number dialed.
What does DNIS stand for?
DNIS stands for Dialed Number Identification Service
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of DNIS
We have 5 other meanings of DNIS in our Acronym Attic
- De Nieuwe Ijsbaan (Dutch: The New Ice Rink; sports club)
- Dozoretz National Institute for Mathematics and Applied Sciences (Norfolk State University; Norfolk, VA)
- Dynamic Industries Ltd. (stock symbol; India)
- Danish National Indicator Project
- Domiciliary Nasal Intermittent Positive Pressure Ventilation
- Dealings Not Involving Intentional Release (Australia)
- Dubai National Insurance and Reinsurance (United Arab Emirates)
- Distribution Network of Independent Recording Artists (Guthrie Thomas Company)
- Databases in Networked Information Systems (conference)
- Destination Number Information Service
- Dialed Number Information Service
- Disability News and Information Service (India)
- Departamento Nacional de Infra-Estrutura de Transportes (Brazilian government)
- Depth-Node-Input Table
- Detailed Notice Inviting Tender
- Direction Nationale de l'Interprétation et de la Traduction (French: National Directorate for Interpretation and Translation; Benin)
- Daily News Journal (Murfreesboro, TN)
- Dance New Jersey (South Plainfield, NJ)
- Den Norske Jordmorforening (Norwegian: Norwegian Midwife Association)
- Deoxynojirimycin (chemistry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Call recording can be triggered by a variety of computer telephony integration (CTI) based events, including Caller ID, Called ID, or Dialed Number Identification Service (DNIS).
For inbound calls, Automatic Number Identification, Dialed Number Identification Service and collected digits are used to select scripts as well as provide names and account information.
Dynamically created call scripts -- using customer-entered touch-tone data or dialed number identification service (DNIS), this technology recognizes caller attributes and automatically supplies appropriate agent scripts for more personalized service.
When networked to a host F9600, F9600 NX users receive fully transparent capabilities such as unified numbering for internal calls, calling name display, dialed number identification service, data network connectivity, and full multi-line display telephone features.
Automatic Number Identification (ANI), and Dialed Number Identification Service (DNIS), an incoming call can trigger a "screen pop" to a database or contact management program.
05's Dialed Number Identification Service (DNIS) enables LVT to give each of these numbers a customized greeting, increasing the system's call processing capability and caller satisfaction.
The HiPath ProCenter Suite's award-winning routing platform HiPath ProCenter ResumeRouting(R), connects specific agents to specific customers based upon skill requirements derived from caller interaction with either an interactive voice response unit or an Internet web-based request, through customer information stored in a database, or simply through the use of Automatic Number Identification (ANI) or Dialed Number Identification Service (DNIS).