It organizes specific disorders recognized by the American Psychiatric Association in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), as well as other mental health conditions, diagnostic procedures and techniques, therapies, psychiatric meditations, alternative treatments, legal concerns and related topics.
What does DSMMD stand for?
DSMMD stands for Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of DSMMD in our Acronym Attic
- Dansk Selskab for Maritim Medicin (Danish: Danish Society of Maritime Medicine)
- Dansk Selskab for Muskuloskeletal Medicin (Danish: Danish Society of Musculoskeletal Medicine)
- Database of Simulated Molecular Motions
- Department of Survey and Mapping Malaysia
- Deutsche Studiengruppe Multiples Myelom (German: German Study Group on Multiple Myeloma)
- Diabetes Self-Management Model
- Dos Santos Maintenance Médicale (French: Dos Santos Medical Maintenance)
- Durgapur School of Mass Media and Management (India)
- Dynamic Schedule Management Mechanism
- DMA Software Measurements and Metric Analysis Handbook
- Dansk Selskab for Medicinsk Magnetisk Resonans (Danish: Danish Society for Medical Magnetic Resonance)
- Device Session Monitoring Protocol Specification (Microsoft)
- Directory Service Manager for NetWare
- Don't Stop Me Now
- De Sousa Moulage et Outillage (French: De Sousa Moulding and Tools)
- Designated Standard Maintenance Organization (Organizations that have agreed to maintain standards for HIPAA compliance)
- Dickstein Shapiro Morin & Oshinsky LLP
- Defense-State Memorandum Of Agreement
- Defense and State Memorandum of Agreement/Cooperative Agreement
- Desert Sky Mothers of Multiples (Tempe, Arizona)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It would be more accurate, therefore, to categorize the APA vote to remove homosexuality from the second edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-II) (APA, 1968) as a response to a single act of terrorism rather than as a response to "decades of activism.
They expanded the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) from a thin, spiral-bound publication to a weighty manual.
Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (4th Edition, Text Revision) (DSM-IV-TR).
Finally, because the inclusion of gender identity disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (American Psychiatric Association, 1994) has not resulted in broad health insurance coverage for transgender care, more and more transgender individuals perceive this diagnosis and the need to consult with a mental health provider as unnecessarily pathologizing.
Given the sweep of the APA's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), which takes in misbehavior ranging from rudeness to murder, it's fair to read this caveat to mean that anything bad people think, feel, say, or do can be interpreted as a symptom of a disease.
Psychiatrists literally vote their "mental disorders" into the profession's billing bible, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
DESCRIPTION The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (4th ed.