the 97/43/Euratom Council directive which promoted establishment and use of diagnostic reference levels (DRLs), also motivated legislative status.
What does DRL stand for?
DRL stands for Diagnostic Reference Level (radiation)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DRL
We have 95 other meanings of DRL in our Acronym Attic
- Deferred Revenue Liability
- Deliverable Requirements List (various organizations)
- Democracy Human Rights and Labor Affairs (Bureau of)
- Department of Regulation and Licensing (real estate)
- Department of Residential Life (various universities)
- Depot Level Repairables
- Derived Response Level (FEMA)
- Descent Rate Limiter
- Destination Restriction Level (telephone systems)
- Diables Rouges de Lambres-Lez-Aire (French football team)
- Diamond Research Laboratory (various locations)
- Differential Reinforcement of Low Rates
- Discothèque Régionale en Ligne (French: Regional Disco Online)
- Disney Resort Line (monorail; Japan)
- Dispute Resolution Lawyer
- Distributed Research Library
- Division of Reactor Licensing
- Division Restauration Logement (French: Housing Restoration Division)
- DJO Recreational League (Dark Jedi Organization; gaming)
- Documentation Requirements List
Samples in periodicals archive:
Examples could include a requirement that these devices display, record, and report equipment settings and radiation dose, an alert for users when the dose exceeds a diagnostic reference level (the optimal dose for most patients), training for users, and a requirement that devices be able to capture and transmit radiation dose information to a patient's electronic medical record and to national dose registries.
vol] x length of scan (cm) [FIGURE 1 OMITTED] Both the CTDI volume and the DLP can be used to compare individual scanning protocols with diagnostic reference levels (DRLs).