Diabase dykes, also oriented southwest-northeast, are abundant in the area, and are assumed to be mainly younger than the felsic rocks, based on cross-cutting relationships observed in several places.
What does DIBS stand for?
DIBS stands for Diabase (lithological term)
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of DIBS
We have 12 other meanings of DIBS in our Acronym Attic
- Digital International Buddhism Organization
- DEC Business Oriented Language
- Digital Interactive Business Oriented Language
- Di-IsoButyl Phthalate
- Dubai Islamic Bank Pakistan Ltd. (subsidiary of Dubai Islamic Bank)
- Dubai Islamic Bank Pakistan Limited (Karachi, Afghanistan)
- Depth-Image-Based Rendering
- Defense Incident-Based Reporting System (US DoD)
- Dansk Internet Betalings System (Danish: Danish Internet Payment System)
- DECA Interim Business System
- Digital Integrated Business System
- Dual Ion Beam Sputtering
- Dynamic Infrared Background System
- Desarrollo Industrial Bioacuatico SA (shrimp farming corporation; Ecuador)
- Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik (German)
- Digital In-Band Trunk Signaling
- Dipl. Ing. Bernhard Unkel Computer (Germany)
- Deutsche Interbase User Group
- Discover, Insight, Biosym Users' Group (Switzerland)
- Darwin Indoor Beach Volleyball (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rogers said the quarry rock is diabase which is ideal highway grade material, particularly for Superpave projects.
to determine properties of the steel manufacturing byproduct--Martin steel slag (MSS), as an aggregate, and to compare them with properties of conventional granite, diabase and dolomite aggregates; 3.
Reportedly, this field, home to "the largest diabase (dolerite) deposit in North America," teems with "audio tourists" intent on investigating the mineral's peculiar resonance by wandering around with hammers and striking the rocks to produce a variety of bell-like tones.
A primary three-phase fluid inclusion assemblage contained within growth-zoned quartz crystals in the granophyric phase of the Nipissing diabase was chosen as representative of the highest temperature fluids responsible for ore deposition at Cobalt.
The quarry, from which diabase rock is extracted, has been closed since 2003 when the company, Farmakas Ltd, stopped operations.
Much of the artist's work in the exhibition is produced in Diabase, a dense high-quality, completely black Swedish stone.
Francois Mountain intrusive rocks represented in the Grossmann cache, ranging from bluish basalt and fine-grained diabase and gabbro to distinctive greenish basalt with snowflake-like phenocrysts.